At the first boot, this graphic tablets work without extra configuration, in `absolute mode'.
Unfortunately there were plenty of problems after that. I could not reliably `tap' the tablet to simulate a left-mouse click. After a while the `taps' did not work at all! The pen buttons also did not work.
The eventual solution was to download an updated version of XOrg. Incidentally, the linuxwacom drivers were transferred into the xorg-x11-driver-input, version 7.5.81 works, compared to 7.5.9 version which was present before I added the XOrg repository.
I only figured this out after installing a newer version of KDE (4.5 rather than 4.4), a newer version of a KDE wacom tablet settings package and even trying to compile and install a newer version of linuxwacom.
Symptomatic of the problems I was having was that `xinput -list' showed my tablet, but `xsetwacom -list' did not, until I updated by XOrg.
I downloaded the linuxwacom package from the linuxwacom web-site. I could use the pre-compiled wacdump after creating a symlink for the requested libtinfo.so.5 package towards libncurses.so.5 (apparantly these packages were split into two, or merged, or something like that, at some stage in their history. These libraries are found in /lib, or /lib64 if you are using a 64-bit system). wacdump showed that the pressure sensitivity and button clicks were all working, but were not being translated into their respective mouseclicks.
Unfortunately, the XOrg repository version of XOrg (7.5.81) doesn't seem to work with the fglrx that was in the ATI repository (I have a Radeon HD3200). Admittedly, I only tried to install fglrx after already updating XOrg, so I don't know if fglrx would have worked before updating XOrg. New versions of the NVidia proprietary driver work, though.